Friday, October 28, 2011

Plan for this Blog

My name is Stephanie and I am addicted to coupons. I love waking up Sunday morning to my five papers packed with money saving coupons. However, if I was left to myself to figure out how to best use them to my advantage, I would fail miserably. I have a few websites that help me out along the way. I wish I could track these people down and give them a hug. Ok, so that would be creepy, but so far they have saved me almost $400 in just a few months. I am excited to see my savings over the course of one year.

I subscribe to The Krazy Coupon Lady, Fabulously Frugal, and Freebies 2 Deals. There are many, many more sites like these out there as well. Perhaps if this blog is a success, I will look into following more. Anyway, I follow these on Google Reader and Facebook. I sometimes get overwhelmed with the large amount of deals that come through my newsfeed. I am hoping that I can pick out some of the best deals that I find and share them with you. Most of my posts will probably be a direct copy paste and/or link to their websites.

Couponing can be a lot of fun, but it can also be stressful when you first start out. The websites often use lingo that has to be learned. For example, if I wrote "Dove SS 10/30 BOGO", most of you would have no idea what that means. (It means the Dove product from the Smart Source insert on 10/30 is "Buy one, get one" in case you were wondering.) I hope over the next few posts I can teach you how to start saving money with little hassle!

Now, I will caution you with this: I may not always post the items you are looking for. They say one of the best ways to save money through couponing is by getting rid of brand allegiances. However, I am pretty dedicated to several brands and I coupon as such. There may be free Tide somewhere, but if I don't use it, I will skip over that deal. I will try to be a little more open minded while posting to this blog. However, I would check these sites (buttons with links found on the side) frequently and catch the deals I miss!

If you already coupon and want to help contribute to this blog, I would love the help! I am not always the best at being original and coming up with my own deals. If you have any questions or anything you would like me to address, please feel free to leave comments! Share this blog with your friends!

Happy Clipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment