Mario 1 Up and Super Mushroom Pattern
Pattern: Self-made patter found HERE
I will show pictures from both. I modified the 1-Up mushroom a tad because I couldn't find any green fabric with polka-dots on it that wasn't too "baby."
- Cut pattern. Pin top of mushroom on the fold of fabric. Cut two.
- Cut two mushroom "faces."
- I used fleece for the white spots on the 1-up. This will give it some texture and also won't fray. I didn't take the time to tuck the sides under. I used a can to cut my circles.
- If placing on dots, sew before placing together.
- I used a really small seam allowance.
I decided after it looked better with more dots. DO THIS BEFORE you sew the two pieces together. So much easier... as I found out the hard way!
- Next, place the face on the mushroom top, right sides together. I lined them up one on top of the other to make sure they would like up when I sew them together.
- I used a 1/4" seam allowance here.
- Fold down and press.
- Pin right sides together.
- Sew around the edges, 1/4-1/2" seam allowance. Doesn't matter. I used 1/2" to be safe. Leave pocket at the bottom to turn right-side out and stuff.
- Turn out. Corners of mushroom may pucker a bit, I used a few hand stitches to get rid of this.
- I didn't have the patience to blind stitch these, but would make it look more finished. I think they look fine just sewn.
- Draw on the eyes. I think it looks better drawn on than sewn.
Check out the Star Pillow HERE.