Just because it is on sale or on a promotion doesn't mean it is a great price. For example, take a look at a snippet from this week's Smith's ad:
I have told you about the chili, soup, and butter deal and how coupons make this deal even better. This means everything on the promotion is a good deal, right? Not necessarily. Take the cereal in the corner for example. Even with a Kellogg's coupon, this is not a very good deal. The store wants you to think, "Hmm... I'm here and I need cereal so I will buy the one that is on the buy ten promotion because that has to be a good deal." This particular cereal goes on sale frequently for around $2. Or, there may be a promotion for another type of cereal that is actually less expensive than the advertised promotion.
Alright, Stephanie. So how do I know which deals are good and which ones aren't? Honestly, the best advice I can give is to pay attention to the price of items you frequently buy. I keep a mental note of what a "good price" is. During the summer I bought a lot of chili without coupons and I knew it was $1.50+ per can. When I saw it on sale for $.99, I knew that was a better price and that I should stock up on a few more cans. Then, when I saw the coupons to go along with it, I knew I had better really stock up! For another example, I will not pay more than $1.00/box on cereal because I know I can always get it for that price. I may have to wait awhile, but there will always be a cereal promotion.
Retail and spending in general is all about what you are willing to pay. You have to decide what that amount is.
Need To Boost Your ClickBank Banner Traffic And Commissions?
ReplyDeleteBannerizer makes it easy for you to promote ClickBank products using banners, simply visit Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.