Mario Power Star Pillow
Pattern: Self-made pattern found HERE
- Cut out pattern and tape the two parts of the star together.
- Place on fold on yellow fabric, cut two stars.
- I cut out two eyes from black jean fabric. Pin to one star, sew.
- I do not have specific seam allowance, and I used white thread because my black was all gone :(
- Place two stars right-sides together. (The pattern isn't 100% perfect so there was one way that the stars fit together the best.)
- Sew with a 1/2" seam. When you get to a vertex, place needle down in fabric, lift presser foot, turn fabric, drop foot, resume sewing.
- Make sure to leave a gap in the bottom to turn right-side out and to insert stuffing.
- Turn right side out.
- Use scissors to make the points pop out.
- Get ready to stuff!
- Make sure to stuff the corners well. It is hard to get stuffing in the corners after it is sewn up. I found my finger worked better than the scissors. Place enough stuffing in the star to allow it to settle once sewn shut.
- Pin the bottom on the star
- Use a blind stitch to sew the pillow shut.
- Ta-da!
See my 1 Up Mushrooms and Super Mushrooms HERE.












No comments:
Post a Comment