1. Get a Google Account. (www.gmail.com)
2. Visit reader.google.com. For those that already have a Google account, this feature is already available to you. On your Google tool bar on your eamil, select "More" & "Reader"
3. After logging in, you will be brought to a welcome screen. On the left hand side of the screen is your navigation bar. Click on "Subscribe"
4. Here you will be typing in the web address of the blog or site that you are following. Most sites have a RSS feed button that will automatically subscribe you or give you the correct address. This is an example of a link banner: (Facebook, Twitter, RSS, and Youtube)
5. Next, insert the web address in the subscribe box and click "Add."
6. Your website will now be under your subscriptions tab on your navigation bar. Feeds in bold have new items. The number in parenthesis is the number of new items. Most feeds when you are a new subscriber will show (10).
7. There are two views. I prefer the second or list view.
(Left most button is picture view, right next to it is list. Arrows scroll. Gear is Settings.)
Picture view shows lists of blog posts as pictures.
List View shows as a list of read and unread items. Click to open. Use arrows or shortcut keys to scroll.
*Shortcut keys: J to scroll down to next post. K to scroll up to previous post.
8. Items that you find important or that you would like in a separate place can be starred by simply clicking the star. On the navigation bar, there is a Starred Items icon. Select that and it will only pull your starred items out of your different feeds.
9. You are ready to go!
Use this to follow your family and friend's personal blogs as well! Or, do as I do, and use it for comics, too!! (Click Brows for Stuff and type in your favorite comic strip)